Xanthan Gum is a kind of white-like or light yellow powder. It’s the most favourable biological gum with thickening, suspension, emulsion and stability. It has no smell, no toxin and can completely dissolve in water.
The molecular present polyanionic features in the water solution has unique physical and
chemical properties as follows :
- High viscosity at low concentration.
- Well shearing capability (pseudoplasticity) Xanthan Gum has high viscosity on the condition of low shearing. Though the viscosity will reduce while the shearing increase strongly, the molecular structure won’t change. It will recover rapidly when the shearing losses.
- Thermal tolerance. The performances of Xanthan Gum keep stable at a large bound of temperature from – 18°C to 120°C.
- High resistance to salt. Xanthan Gum still keeps its solubility without deposition or flocculation on the condition of high salt concentration, even in the saturated solution, the viscosity cannot be affected.
- Good stability in acid, alkaline. The viscosity keeps stable at PH value 1 – 12.
- Compatibility and synergistic. Good compatibility with acid, alkaline, salt, antiseptic natural or compositive thickener in the same solution system. It is capable of synergise with Guar Gum, Locust Bean Gum and Konjac powder, making viscosity increase double.
- Tolerance to oxidant and enzymetic decomposition. Xanthan Gum’s stable structure of dual helical has tolerance to oxidant and enzymetic decomposition.
- Provide excellent suspension for insoluble solid and oil droplets. Thank to the above unique properties Xanthan Gum can be used in a wide variety of applications such as food industry, medicine, cosmetics, paper making, spinning industry, pottery, fire extinguisher, household chemicals, oil exploitation and many other fields.